Cajun Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked pork
- 1. In a large skillet, saute rice in oil until lightly browned. Add the green pepper, onion and celery; saute for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the water, broth, tomato, salt if desired, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in pork; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
One 1-cup serving (prepared with reduced-sodium broth and without salt) equals 285 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Cajun Fried Rice
"I haven't tried this yet but will really soon . I like fried rice and this sounds good . If my Daughter and Grand Daughter like it then it's a keeper ."