Cajun Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked pork
- 1. In a large skillet, saute rice in oil until lightly browned. Add the green pepper, onion and celery; saute for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the water, broth, tomato, salt if desired, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in pork; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: The cost per serving does not include optional ingredients such as garnishes. When there is a choice of two ingredients, the cost is figured with the first one listed.
1-1/4 cups: 356 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Cajun Fried Rice
"I haven't tried this yet but will really soon . I like fried rice and this sounds good . If my Daughter and Grand Daughter like it then it's a keeper ."