- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked pork
- In a large skillet, saute rice in oil until lightly browned. Add the green pepper, onion and celery; saute for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the water, broth, tomato, salt if desired, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in pork; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Fried Rice in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p59
Reviews for Cajun Fried Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2014
"I haven't tried this yet but will really soon . I like fried rice and this sounds good . If my Daughter and Grand Daughter like it then it's a keeper ."