Classic fish tacos often feature deep-fried fish, a corn tortilla, cabbage and a thin mayo-based sauce. But we found that fish + pita bread = total yumminess in this streamlined version using lemon-flavored fish with a Cajun twist. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (7.6 ounces each) frozen lemon butter grilled fish fillets
- 3 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet orange pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Cook fish according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, pepper, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar and 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning.
- Slice fillets. Spoon coleslaw mixture onto pita breads, top with fish. Sprinkle with remaining Cajun seasoning. Serve with lemon wedges if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Fish Tacos in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p13
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cajun Fish Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2013
"Very good. I have made it twice. I love the cole slaw mix."