- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces Mexican or plain process cheese (Velveeta), cubed and divided
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 8 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the onions, green pepper, celery and garlic in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in flour until blended. Return beef to the pan. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1 cup American cheese, tomatoes, milk and Cajun seasoning. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add fettuccine; mix well. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining American cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cajun Fettuccine
Sort By :
"good taste and I added a little more creole to it to give it a bit more kick....."
"I made this for the first time about a month ago. My family liked it so much that they have been pestering me to make it again, so I did last night. It was gone so fast that I barely had a taste. That means I will have to make it again soon!"