Cajun Crawfish Sliders Recipe
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces frozen cooked crawfish tail meat, thawed and shredded
- 1 cup reduced-fat chipotle mayonnaise
- 48 pickled jalapeno slices
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the corn bread mix, egg and milk. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Cut corn bread into 1-1/2-in. squares. Top each with spinach, crawfish, mayonnaise and a jalapeno slice. Yield: 4 dozen.
Editor’s Note: 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce may be substituted for 1 cup reduced-fat chipotle mayonnaise.
1 appetizer: 43 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.