Cajun Corned Beef Hash Recipe
- 6 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup each finely chopped green onions, sweet red pepper and green pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked corned beef
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- Additional Cajun seasoning and hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook hash browns in butter until almost tender. Stir in onions, peppers and seasonings. Cook until hash browns are lightly browned and peppers are tender. Add corned beef; heat through.
- Meanwhile, place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides; add vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer; holding the cup close to the surface of the water, slip egg into water.
- Cook 4 eggs, uncovered, until whites are completely set, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, lift each egg out of the water. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Serve over hash mixture. Sprinkle with additional Cajun seasoning and serve with hot pepper sauce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cajun Corned Beef Hash
Sort By :
I like corned beef, but my family doesn't so I made this recipe substituting chopped leftover roast beef. They thought it was great, but had I made it with the corned beef I know I would have liked it even better. The cajun seasoning on the eggs is a must as they are very bland by themselves. It "marries" the seasoning to the rest of the dish. One mistake I made was to put a lid on the pan partway through cooking. I thought it might dry out too fast if I didn't, but it ended up making it a little too mushy. Should have followed the recipe on that part.
Definitely a keeper! Instead of poaching the eggs, I scrambled them. And I misread the ingredients when I was going trough them and instead of using green onion, I tossed in an entire bag of frozen onion, green & red pepper! Turned out great! =) Thanks for the recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Corned Beef >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >