Cajun Corn Soup Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups water
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen corn
- 1-1/2 pounds smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped peeled tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the onion, green pepper and green onions in oil for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour and cook until bubbly. Gradually add water; bring to a boil. Add the corn, sausage, ham, tomatoes, tomato paste, cayenne, salt and pepper sauce.
- 2. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 cup: 396 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 1011mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Cajun Corn Soup
"It seemed like it needed much more water, particularly to get 12-14 servings. I used about 5 cups."