Cajun Corn and Shrimp
My dad's Cajun concoctions inspired me to experiment in the kitchen. He was so proud when he saw the smiles on our faces as we gobbled up his meals. I feel the same sense of pride when I cook and watch my family enjoy the meal I prepare for them.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen corn
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 pounds uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
Create an impressive party platter with Daily Chef Shrimp.
Learn More >
- In a large skillet, saute onion, green pepper and garlic in butter
- until crisp-tender. Add the corn, tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper and
- cayenne. Cook for 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the
- milk and green onions; simmer for 10 minutes. Add shrimp; cook for 8
- minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 235 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 190 mg cholesterol, 489 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.