Cajun Corn and Shrimp Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen corn
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion, green pepper and garlic in butter until crisp-tender. Add the corn, tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper and cayenne. Cook for 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the milk and green onions; simmer for 10 minutes. Add shrimp; cook for 8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 235 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 190mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein .
Reviews for Cajun Corn and Shrimp
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.