Cajun Corn and Shrimp Recipe
My dad's Cajun concoctions inspired me to experiment in the kitchen. He was so proud when he saw the smiles on our faces as we gobbled up his meals. I feel the same sense of pride when I cook and watch my family enjoy the meal I prepare for them.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen corn
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large skillet, saute onion, green pepper and garlic in butter until crisp-tender. Add the corn, tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper and cayenne. Cook for 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the milk and green onions; simmer for 10 minutes. Add shrimp; cook for 8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Corn and Shrimp in Country Extra November 2000, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cajun Corn and Shrimp(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review