Cajun Chops Recipe
If you like spicy foods, you'll surely want to try these chops. I've never served them to friends without being asked for the recipe before the meal ended!
- 4 boneless pork chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Make a horizontal cut through each pork chop from one side to within 1/4 in. of the opposite side. Open chops and flatten to 1/4-in. thickness;
- 2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the seasonings. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large heavy skillet, heat butter on medium until hot. Cook the chops for 2-3 minutes on each side or meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC