If you like spicy foods, you'll surely want to try these chops. I've never served them to friends without being asked for the recipe before the meal ended!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless pork chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Make a horizontal cut through each pork chop from one side to within
- 1/4 in. of the opposite side. Open chops and flatten to 1/4-in.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the seasonings. Add pork,
- a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large heavy skillet,
- heat butter on medium until hot. Cook the chops for 2-3 minutes on
- each side or meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.