If you like spicy foods, you'll surely want to try these chops. I've never served them to friends without being asked for the recipe before the meal ended!
- 4 boneless pork chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Make a horizontal cut through each pork chop from one side to within 1/4 in. of the opposite side. Open chops and flatten to 1/4-in. thickness;
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the seasonings. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large heavy skillet, heat butter on medium until hot. Cook the chops for 2-3 minutes on each side or meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Chops in Country Pork 1996, p50
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cajun Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2011
"made these today they were real good printed out recipe .my son loved them."