Cajun Chili Recipe
Cajun cooking is one of my specialties. For a meaty meal with a little zip, this is the recipe I reach for. I think you'll enjoy every bite.—James Harris, Columbus, Georgia
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, process beans with liquid until smooth. Stir the beans and remaining ingredients into beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35-45 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 356 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 581 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 32 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC