- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, process beans with liquid until smooth. Stir the beans and remaining ingredients into beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35-45 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cajun Chili
Sort By :
"I currently have 4 chili recipes that I love & rotate, but today I wanted to try something different. I adore Cajun-style food, so I decided to give this one a whirl. I'm so glad I did! The seasonings blend together beautifully & the honey adds a bit of sweetness which contrasts nicely with the spiciness. I did make a few minor changes - I used 1 lb of pork sausage & 1 lb of ground beef. I used a can of diced chilis, which I added in with the tomatoes & seasonings. I used a can of chili beans in place of the pinto beans. I would make it exactly the same way next time. Thanks for this recipe - it's such a fun & interesting twist on traditional chili!"