This is my favorite sandwich. The seasoning mixture is enough to give a mild flavor to several chicken breasts...or a spicy taste to just a few. -Amber Peterson of Oakes, North Dakota
Recommended: Grandma's Best Suppers
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 12 slices tomato
- 6 lettuce leaves
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Brush both sides with oil. Combine the seasonings; rub over both sides of chicken. Arrange in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve on rolls with tomato and lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Chicken Sandwiches in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p31
Reviews for Cajun Chicken Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2010
"This has become a family favorite. Both of my kids (5 & 2) gobble it up."