Cajun Chicken Pasta Bake Recipe
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) bow tie pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until juices run clear. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In same pan, saute onions and peppers in remaining oil until tender. Add broth, soups, milk, Cajun seasoning and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- 3. Drain pasta. Add pasta and chicken to soup mixture; toss to coat. Divide between two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake casseroles 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
1-1/2 cups equals 465 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 928 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.