My family loves pasta, so I decided to get in the kitchen and come up with my own chicken pasta. This recipe is quick and simple to make, and it tastes so good, they all go back for seconds. I serve it with a tossed salad and garlic bread. —Kim Weishuhn, Pensacola, Florida
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) bow tie pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until juices run clear. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In same pan, saute onions and peppers in remaining oil until tender. Add broth, soups, milk, Cajun seasoning and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
Drain pasta. Add pasta and chicken to soup mixture; toss to coat. Divide between two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake casseroles 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casseroles; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casseroles, as directed, increasing time to 55-60 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer in center reads 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Originally published as Cajun Chicken Pasta Bake in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p61
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cajun Chicken Pasta Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review