Cajun Chicken Pasta Bake Recipe
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) bow tie pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until juices run clear. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In the same pan, saute onions and peppers in remaining oil until tender. Add the broth, soups, milk, Cajun seasoning and garlic powder. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta and chicken to soup mixture; toss to coat. Divide between two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake casseroles at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cajun Chicken Pasta Bake
Sort By :
Love how easy this is to prepare with the added bonus of ending up with two meals! I prepared it exactly as per instructions and everyone thought it was delicious. It's a keeper.
As I watch my husband on his second bowl...I can tell you it's a keeper. I reduced the noodles as suggested. I put 20 oz in instead of 24. I had to use yellow bell peppers because I was out of the red. Used Tony's for the cajun seasoning. Other than that...it's all the same as stated. When my husband-hating-casseroles came home and saw what was on the stove, I thought I was going to have to pay him to eat it. However, a little salt later and he's on his second bowl! He LOVED it!!! Kids...not so much...but they don't like much. Will be eating the frozen one next week!
We are still enjoying this dish over and over and over again! So easy to make.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baking Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Freezer Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >