Our pasta began as a special, but due to its overwhelming popularity, we made it a permanent part of our menu. In the 9 years we've been open, we have become a favorite restaurant with locals and travelers alike because our food is not typical hotel fare.—Monroe Street Grille, Tallahassee, Florida
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices each green and sweet red pepper
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 to 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces linguine, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place Cajun seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in butter until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Add the peppers, mushrooms and onion; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Reduce heat. Add cream and seasonings; heat through. Add linguine and toss to coat; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Chicken Pasta in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p51
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cajun Chicken Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review