Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices each green and sweet red pepper
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 to 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces linguine, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place Cajun seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in butter until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Add the peppers, mushrooms and onion; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Reduce heat. Add cream and seasonings; heat through. Add linguine and toss to coat; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cajun Chicken Pasta
Sort By :
"My favorite recipe to make!"
"We have started enjoying Cajun food, and this is great! It combines the flavors we like and the pasta is great for kids! I double the recipe to make enough for my family. Awesome!"
"We loved this dish. It has great flavor and is easy to make."
"Very delicious! I used half & half in place heavy cream and added a dab of cream cheese."
"Not the best pasta I've ever had, but definately the BEST PASTA I'VE EVER MADE!!! Very yummy!"