Cajun Chicken Lasagna Recipe
Destined to be a new favorite with all around the table, this zesty take on traditional Italian lasagna nods to the Gulf Coast. Increase the amount of Cajun seasoning if you like spicier fare.
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the celery, green pepper and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes longer or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, water, tomato paste, Cajun seasoning and sugar. In a small bowl, combine cheeses.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce in a greased oval 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Layer with 3 noodles (breaking noodles if necessary to fit), a third of the remaining meat sauce and a third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until noodles are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Chicken Lasagna in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p36
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cajun Chicken Lasagna(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Lasagna >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >