- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil until tender. Add the chicken, Cajun seasoning and garlic; heat through. Transfer to a large bowl. Drain fettuccine; add to chicken mixture. Stir in Alfredo and spaghetti sauces.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cajun Chicken Fettuccine
"You had me at "Cajun." We love spicy, so this caught my eye right away. My husband and I loved the creaminess of the sauce paired with the Cajun spice. Winner, Winner."
"My husband loved it! and it was better than I thought since Cajun seasoning doesn't appeal to me."
"Delicious. Make again."
"I've made this twice now and we love it. It's so easy and totally delicious. Thanks for a great recipe!"
"T. Hanna, I completely agree. What's the point in pinning it, if someone just decides to take over with another recipe?!? I can't comment on this recipe but here's the link that this page used to take us to. http://comfortablydomestic.com/2011/03/05/cajun-chicken-alfredo/I'm having it for dinner tonight!"
"I'm wondering what happened to the site this recipe used to take me too, B/C it was a blog with a fantastic homemade alfredo sauce (no disgusting canned bologna) and I want that recipe! Did you guys buy rights or something b/c this version and it's ingredient list is disappointing to say the least."
"This is a great recipe and easy, too. My husband likes spicy pasta dishes and he loved this one.In addition to the other ingredients, I added some sliced hot and spicy Polish sausage to the mixture as well. I'll be making this one again!"
"Really good....even after I made a mistake and had it in the oven before I realized I hadn't added the Cajun seasoning! I'd just stuck it in, so pulled it out, scraped the cheese off the top as best I could, then dumped it all in a pot and added the seasoning. (The moral of this story is....don't walk around with a telephone glued to your ear, chatting with a friend, while trying to read a recipe and cook!) I actually put in more seasoning than it called for before I realized it was mostly salt, so I thought it would be ruined, but it wasn't! Yummy! Will make again!"