- Stir in the tomatoes, broth and vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium
- heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Return chicken to the pan. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until
- a thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with green onion. Serve with
- rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1 cup vegetables (calculated without rice) equals 264 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 743 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.