VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup diced peeled eggplant
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Score surface of chicken with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes. Combine the Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and pepper; rub over chicken. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until blackened. Remove and keep warm.
- In the drippings, saute the zucchini, celery, onion, eggplant and green pepper until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, broth and vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Return chicken to the pan. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with green onion. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Chicken and Vegetables in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p56
Reviews forCajun Chicken and Vegetables
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2010
"easy to make. This has become somewhat of a regular one in our house. Feel free to make adjustments to suit your taste!"