- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup diced peeled eggplant
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Score surface of chicken with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes. Combine the Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and pepper; rub over chicken. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until blackened. Remove and keep warm.
- In the drippings, saute the zucchini, celery, onion, eggplant and green pepper until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, broth and vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Return chicken to the pan. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with green onion. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Cajun Chicken and Vegetables
Sort By :
Easy to make. This has become somewhat of a regular one in our house. Feel free to make adjustments to suit your taste!