This dish features the green pepper, onion and celery combination common to Cajun dishes, but it’s not too spicy. It’s a colorful and flavorful way to serve our locally raised catfish.
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in oil
- until tender. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, olives and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or
- until heated through.
- Place the catfish in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top
- with vegetable mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at
- 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 162 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 681 mg sodium,