"I got the idea for this recipe from my brother-in-law, Brett, a fabulous 'experimental' cook," says Katherine Nelson of Palmdale, California. "Even the pickiest of eaters will crave more of this dish, so you might want to double the recipe!"
- 6 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled, sectioned and diced
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup diced honeydew
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Brush both sides of fillets with butter; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Place on a broiler pan; broil 6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Serve with fish. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Catfish With Fruit Salsa in Country Woman January/February 2005, p40
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cajun Catfish with Fruit Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review