- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 catfish fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 French or kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 4 romaine leaves
- Combine the seasoned pepper, chili powder, cayenne and seasoned salt; sprinkle over fillets.
- In a large skillet, cook fillets in 1 teaspoon oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onions in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; stir in mayonnaise. Spread over rolls; top each with a romaine leaf and fillet. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cajun Catfish Sandwiches
Sort By :
Since some people don't like catfish, I've made these with flounder and/or pollack.....and they taste just as good.
this was easy to make and very yumy
We are not huge fans of catfish but I decided to give this a try. It was pretty good. The spicy flavor masked the catfish flavor pretty well:)
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Catfish >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >