Cajun Canapes Recipe
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Bake biscuits according to package directions, except turn biscuits over halfway through baking. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. Using a melon baller, scoop out the center of each biscuit, leaving a 3/8-in. shell (discard biscuit center or save for another use). In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon about 1 tablespoonful into the center of each biscuit.
- 3. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 20 appetizers.
2 each: 231 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Cajun Canapes
"Filling was delicious, but there is far too much bread. I used only half of each biscuit, but the amount of bread is more than needed. Next time, I will probably cut the dough and reform each biscuit into four parts."
"This looks delicious but wouldn't it be easier to jut tear the biscuit in two and put into a muffin tin so its a little bowl?"
"I don't like gr. pepper so I left it off. We eat a lot of venison so I made it with the homemade venison sausage. Scrumptious! And easy."