Cajun Canapes Recipe
—Jerri Peachee, Gentry, Arkansas
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Bake biscuits according to package directions, except turn biscuits over halfway through baking. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. Using a melon baller, scoop out the center of each biscuit, leaving a 3/8-in. shell (discard biscuit center or save for another use). In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon about 1 tablespoonful into the center of each biscuit.
- 3. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 20 appetizers.
1 serving (2 each) equals 231 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 635 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC