- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Bake biscuits according to package directions, except turn biscuits over halfway through baking. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out the center of each biscuit, leaving a 3/8-in. shell (discard biscuit center or save for another use). In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon about 1 tablespoonful into the center of each biscuit.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Reviews for Cajun Canapes
Sort By :
"Filling was delicious, but there is far too much bread. I used only half of each biscuit, but the amount of bread is more than needed. Next time, I will probably cut the dough and reform each biscuit into four parts."
"This looks delicious but wouldn't it be easier to jut tear the biscuit in two and put into a muffin tin so its a little bowl?"
"I don't like gr. pepper so I left it off. We eat a lot of venison so I made it with the homemade venison sausage. Scrumptious! And easy."