Cajun Cabbage Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large Dutch oven, brown ground beef. Add onions and green pepper; cook until the onions are transparent. Add the rice, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and seasonings. Cover and bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until the cabbage is tender. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Cajun Cabbage
"I used brown rice and it was still a little crunchy, so when I make it again, I will do as the one reviewer did and cook the rice separately and add at the end of cooking. It probably would have cooked all right if it had been white rice. Otherwise we really liked the recipe and I will make it again."
"We do not eat processed wheat and limit our carbs. I made this as a side dish to Cajun Catfish. I substituted Andouille Sausage for the ground meat and eliminated the rice altogether along with the can of tomato sauce and cut the water in half. Excellent."
"This was a good recipe, a surprise hit with the family."
"I made the rice then added as much as I wanted to near the end of cooking"
"You add it when you add the rice and tomatoes. My recipe is a little different but this is a good dish. We eat ours with corn chips."
"when do you add the cabbage?"