We love this dish at our house, and whenever I take it to a potluck, it disappears just as quickly as it does at home. This pleasing recipe was given to me by my sister-in-law from Louisiana. I've made some changes in the ingredients, but the snappy Cajun flavor is still there. It's easy to increase for any number of guests.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, brown ground beef. Add onions and green
- pepper; cook until the onions are transparent. Add the rice,
- tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and seasonings. Cover and bake at
- 375° for 50-60 minutes or until the cabbage is tender. Yield:
- 10-12 servings.