Cajun Cabbage Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon each white, black and cayenne pepper
- 4 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- In a skillet, cook the beef, green pepper, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, rice and seasonings.
- Spread into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with the cabbage and cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cajun Cabbage(14)
Sort By :
Excellent, very tasty and easy to make.
We really liked this, hot & spicy - very good - a keeper and will make again soon.
Very spicy and delicious, I added mushrooms too.
I used two 15 oz cans of chopped tomotoes and 1/2 cup of water. Very tasty!!! I can't wait to have the leftovers tonight.
The family loved it. It was a little spicy but not hot.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cajun Side Dishes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Side Dishes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Rice Casserole Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >