- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions. Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, vegetables, tomato paste and seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Pour over top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cajun Beef Casserole
Sort By :
AWESOME!! NOTHING BETTER THAN COMFORT FOOD!
This was very good and so easy. It is always helpful to read other reviews before making any dish and I took the suggestion of not draining the tomatoes. I think it needed that extra liquid. I was a bit generous with the cajun seasoning as we like things pretty spicy and considered adding a can of green chilies but didn't have any! The corn bread was excellent with the meat mixture! We will definitely make this casserole again!
If I had made it like the recipe it would have been bland. I put in 2 tsp of chili powder, dissolved 1 beef bullion cube in 1 cup water and boiled the mixture for 30 minutes - NOT 5! The veggies were very well cooked - the way we like them.
my family (including 2 kids) enjoyed it; i used fresh chopped broccoli instead of the frozd vegs; i didn't use the cajun seasonng but added some salsa. the cornbread crust came out nice. and you could never have enough shredded cheese!
This was disgusting. No one liked it
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >