- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions. Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, vegetables, tomato paste and seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Pour over top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cajun Beef Casserole
Sort By :
AWESOME!! NOTHING BETTER THAN COMFORT FOOD!
This was very good and so easy. It is always helpful to read other reviews before making any dish and I took the suggestion of not draining the tomatoes. I think it needed that extra liquid. I was a bit generous with the cajun seasoning as we like things pretty spicy and considered adding a can of green chilies but didn't have any! The corn bread was excellent with the meat mixture! We will definitely make this casserole again!
If I had made it like the recipe it would have been bland. I put in 2 tsp of chili powder, dissolved 1 beef bullion cube in 1 cup water and boiled the mixture for 30 minutes - NOT 5! The veggies were very well cooked - the way we like them.
my family (including 2 kids) enjoyed it; i used fresh chopped broccoli instead of the frozd vegs; i didn't use the cajun seasonng but added some salsa. the cornbread crust came out nice. and you could never have enough shredded cheese!
This was disgusting. No one liked it