Cajun Beef Casserole
Have little ones who won’t eat veggies? They won’t complain one bit when you bring this cheesy casserole with a corn bread crust to the table. For picky eaters, try using less Cajun seasoning. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions. Spread
- into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, vegetables, tomato paste and
- seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5
- minutes. Pour over top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 449 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 916 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 25 g protein.