Cajun Beef Burgers Recipe
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Creole mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped onion, celery and carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 onion rolls, split
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients until blended; chill until serving.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery, carrot and parsley in butter for 6-8 minutes or until tender; cool slightly.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the vegetable mixture, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper sauce. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 4. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Grill rolls, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve burgers on rolls with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger: 462 calories, 26g fat (8g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 1075mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Cajun Beef Burgers
"Unfortunately did not try the mayo, but did the burgers. They were awesome, I did add extra vegetables, but everything else was the same. My husband see this was a keeper."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.