Cajun Beef Brisket Recipe
There's nothing like seeing my husband's eyes light up when he comes through the door and sees I've prepared this meal for him. The recipe is tried and true.
- 1 fresh beef brisket (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place meat, fat side up, in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the Creole seasoning, garlic salt, lemon-pepper and parsley. Rub over meat. Add bay leaf. Cover and bake at 350° for about 2-1/2 hours or until meat is just tender. Drain and discard juices. Discard bay leaf.
- In a saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, sugar, brown sugar, liquid smoke if desired and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour over meat. Cover and bake 30 minutes longer or until the meat is tender and sauce is heated through. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Savory Beef Brisket in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p127
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cajun Beef Brisket(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review