There's nothing like seeing my husband's eyes light up when he comes through the door and sees I've prepared this meal for him. The recipe is tried and true.
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1 fresh beef brisket (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place meat, fat side up, in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the Creole seasoning, garlic salt, lemon-pepper and parsley. Rub over meat. Add bay leaf. Cover and bake at 350° for about 2-1/2 hours or until meat is just tender. Drain and discard juices. Discard bay leaf.
- In a saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, sugar, brown sugar, liquid smoke if desired and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour over meat. Cover and bake 30 minutes longer or until the meat is tender and sauce is heated through. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Savory Beef Brisket in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p127
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cajun Beef Brisket
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review