Cajun Beef and Beans Recipe
Here’s the hearty, stick-to-your-ribs dinner you’ve been looking for! Fire-roasted tomatoes, Cajun seasoning and chili powder add a nice dose of heat to this crowd-pleaser. —Shelisa Terry, Henderson, Nevada
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- Hot cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions, peppers and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the Cajun seasoning, chili powder, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Save 4 cups for Mexican Tater-Topped Casserole or save for another use. Stir the beans, tomatoes and soup into the remaining mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Beef and Beans in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p21
Reviews for Cajun Beef and Beans(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review