- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- Hot cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions, peppers and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the Cajun seasoning, chili powder and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Save 4 cups for Mexican Tater-Topped Casserole or save for another use. Stir the beans, tomatoes and soup into the remaining mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cajun Beef and Beans
Sort By :
"It was good add cajun seasoning to taste , also the tomato soup gave it a sweet can tomato soup flavor next time i make i will add a different soup like beefy mushroom, for those that enjoy tomato soup may not need to change..also great way to knock out 2 meals in one cooking when making the tator tot casserole"
"just didn't like it"
"This recipe is for those who like hot and spicy food. I use it for a base to Mexican Tater Tot Casserole. I cut down on the Cajun seasoning just for my taste."