- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large skillet, cook beef, celery, green and red peppers, and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Beef & Rice in Taste of Home September/October 2014, p26
Reviews for Cajun Beef & Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2017
"We make this often in our house!"
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2014
"I agree with Andrea--this was easy to make and very tasty. Had just the right hotness from the crushed red pepper. Served with fresh fruit and it was a big hit. Will make again."