Cajun Baked Catfish Recipe
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons Cajun or blackened seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 catfish or tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, mix the first six ingredients.
- 2. Dip fillets in cornmeal mixture to coat both sides. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 3. Bake 20-25 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
1 fillet equals 242 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 748 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.