Cajun Baked Catfish
Jim Gales’ well-seasoned fish nets him compliments from family and friends in Glendale, Wisconsin whenever he serves it. The fish is moist and flakey, the coating crisp, crunchy and flecked with paprika.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning or blackening seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine
- cornmeal, Cajun seasoning, thyme, basil, garlic powder and
- lemon-pepper. Add catfish and shake to coat.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with
- paprika. Bake 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 265 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 812 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot