- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons Cajun or blackened seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 catfish or tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Dip fillets in cornmeal mixture to coat both sides. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cajun Baked Catfish
Sort By :
"Excellent piece of fish, and you didn't have to fry it"
"This was an easy to prepare dish and the results were delicious!"
"This recipe was wonderful! I used some Chef Paul Prudhomme blackened redfish magic seasoning and the catfish turned out delicious! Will definitely be my go- to catfish recipe!"
"I live in an apartment, so frying in a cast-iron skillet is not really an option. This was great!"
"Out of this world taste!"