- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning or blackening seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine cornmeal, Cajun seasoning, thyme, basil, garlic powder and lemon-pepper. Add catfish and shake to coat.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Cajun Baked Catfish
Sort By :
This recipe was wonderful! I used some Chef Paul Prudhomme blackened redfish magic seasoning and the catfish turned out delicious! Will definitely be my go- to catfish recipe!
I live in an apartment, so frying in a cast-iron skillet is not really an option. This was great!
Out of this world taste!
the spice i used made this very spicy and wow was it good! I used atlantic cod for my fish
I loved this recipe. I love catfish and need a healthier way to make it other than frying it. My husband can't wait till I make it again.