Cafe's Pecan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 can (30 ounces) pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line two 9-in. pie plates with waxed paper or parchment paper; coat the paper with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar and milk. Beat in eggs, cinnamon and salt. Pour into prepared pans. Sprinkle with dry cake mix. Drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with pecans; press down lightly. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 hours on wire racks. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Invert pies onto serving plates; remove waxed paper. Chill.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add brown sugar and cream; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. For topping, in a bowl, beat cream until foamy. Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Cut the pie into slices; drizzle with caramel sauce and dollop with topping. Yield: 2 pies (10 servings each).
Reviews for Cafe's Pecan Pumpkin Pie
Sort By :
"This is one of the best pumpkin pies I have ever had! I get rave reviews from all my friends and family and my co-workers ask me to prepare it every year. If you want to try something that is not the typical pumpkin pie, this is the one!"
"Very yummy! This recipe can also be made in a 13 X 9 cake pan. Spraying bottom with cooking/baking spray."