- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in water. Stir in the oats; set aside. In another bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg yolk, vanilla and oat mixture. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to oat mixture just until moistened. Stir in 1/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Fill foil- or paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining chips. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cafe Mocha Mini Muffins
Sort By :
These are rich and delicious. I made them in traditional-sized muffin pan. I increased the cooking time a bit to accommodate the upsize. Who cares if they sink in the middle or don't rise significantly? They're DELICIOUS!!!!! Maybe just add a tiny bit of extra flour and baking powder if you want them to rise a lot. I like them the way they are?they're like brownies. YUMMMM
I'm sorry that some of you are having problems with the recipe. Because of your feedback, we've retested the recipe in our test kitchen. We had a hard time removing them from the pans as well but were able to remove them without problem from paper or foil liners. We did not, however, have a problem with the muffins sinking. Sometimes baked goods fall if they are underbaked - you might try baking them for just a couple minutes longer. - Peggy Woodward, RD, Food Editor
I made these delectable muffins this morning for the New Year! They were so moist and very chocolately; I've added them to my recipe box!
I sprayed the muffin tins with cooking spray, but could not get the muffins out intact. All I have are crumbles with a few tops. I really like the flavor though, so I'll turn these into a trifle and maybe grease the tins next time or try paper liners.
Made a batch for my co-workers and some for my husband. An all around hit. Definitely should make extra, they go fast!