Cafe Mocha Mini Muffins are a good choice, assures Tina Sawchuk of Ardmore, Alberta. "These mini muffins freeze will, so it's always easy to keep some on hand," she says. "And they're just the right size for snacking."
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in water. Stir in the oats; set aside. In another bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg yolk, vanilla and oat mixture. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to oat mixture just until moistened. Stir in 1/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Fill foil- or paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining chips. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cafe Mocha Mini Muffins in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p60
Reviews for Cafe Mocha Mini Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review