Caesar Shrimp and Pasta Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup reduced-fat creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 4 minutes of cooking.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook shrimp in 2 tablespoons dressing over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Drain pasta mixture; transfer to a large bowl. Add the shrimp, cheese and remaining dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 464 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 178 mg cholesterol, 837 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.