Caesar Shrimp and Pasta Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup reduced-fat creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 4 minutes of cooking.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook shrimp in 2 tablespoons dressing over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Drain pasta mixture; transfer to a large bowl. Add the shrimp, cheese and remaining dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 464 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 178mg cholesterol, 837mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Caesar Shrimp and Pasta
"quick, easy, and tasty."
"I'm confused as to why we should cook already cooked shrimp for an additional 3-4 minutes? To my way of thinking, it would make the shrimp tough and rubbery. It only takes about 4 minutes to saute peeled, deveined, uncooked shrimp. I think this would produce a better result."
"quick, easy and very tasty. Even my 2 and 4 year olds liked it! I also added some chopped asparagus which blended nicely."
"Excellent! My husband loved it and he's a picky eater. It's very easy and tasty."
"When I saw this recipe, I knew it would become a favorite because it combines our favorite foods. Sure enough, it tastes excellent, and is easy enough to make!"
"Yummy! And very easy to make!"
"This was really good! I don't even like broccoli and I ate this up! Mine was light on dressing because I ran out, but it was still great!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.