“I love throwing themed get-togethers. This appetizer was the hit of 'Mediterranean Night.' The fresh garden flavors in the tomatoey salsa are outstanding with a crusty, chewy baguette.“ —Jodie Gharbi, San Antonio, Texas
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chervil or 1 tablespoon dried chervil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 loaf (10-1/2 ounces) French bread baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices and toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, chervil, cilantro, parsley, capers and hot pepper sauce.
- In another bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, shallot, garlic, anchovy paste and lemon peel. Drizzle over tomato mixture; toss to coat. Serve with toasted baguette slices. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Caesar Salsa Baguette Slices in Country Woman August/September 2008, p29
Reviews for Caesar Salsa Baguette Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review