Caesar Salad Recipe
This crunchy refreshing salad has a zippy zesty dressing that provides a burst of flavor with each bite. It's a great salad to perk up any spring or summer meal. -Schelby Thompson, Camden Wyoming, Delaware
- 1 large bunch romaine, torn
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Caesar-flavored or garlic croutons
- 1. Place lettuce in a large salad bowl. Combine the next six ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Pour over lettuce and toss to coat.
- 2. Squeeze lemon juice over lettuce. Sprinkle with pepper, cheese and croutons. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 200 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC