Caesar Salad Recipe
- 1 large bunch romaine, torn
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Caesar-flavored or garlic croutons
- 1. Place lettuce in a large salad bowl. Combine the next six ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Pour over lettuce and toss to coat.
- 2. Squeeze lemon juice over lettuce. Sprinkle with pepper, cheese and croutons. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 200 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Caesar Salad
"So yummy! Love the dressing!"
"I cut back on the oil and increased the Worcestershire, also omitted the lemon squeeze on the greens. This was very well received by my family and dinner guests! Will become a frequently used recipe!"
"Love the salad dressing!!! Didn't squeeze lemon over salad. The red wine vinegar gives the salad plenty of tang."
"my guests loved this caesar salad!"
"The absolute best! :) Lost track of how many times I've made it."
"Ditto that! Schelby is too modest - its title should be: The Best Caesar Salad Ever! Look up the whole "Editors Meal" from 1996 it is part of - Parmesan Chicken and Onion-Roasted Potatoes - all of them easy and great-tasting! I've made this salad for the last 5-6 Thanksgivings and it disappears before anything else. The only change I made is I get the deli counter at my supermarket to FRESH GRATE the Parmesan or I shred it fresh from a block of cheese - makes the recipe even better! One year I really got carried away and made homemade croutons."
"Absolutely delicious! I've had many people request this recipe, it's so good!"