- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 romaine hearts, cut into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup Caesar salad croutons, slightly crushed
- 1/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- In a small bowl, toss cheese with pepper. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Evenly sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese mixture into pan to form a 6-in. circle; cook, uncovered, 1-2 minutes or until bubbly and edges are golden brown. Remove pan from heat; let stand 15 seconds.
- Using a spatula, carefully remove cheese and immediately drape over an inverted 4-oz. ramekin; press gently to form a bowl. Cool completely. Repeat with remaining cheese, making eight bowls.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, tomatoes and croutons. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve in Parmesan bowls. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Caesar Salad in Peppered Parmesan Bowls
Sort By :
My guests loved them! I followed the ingredients exactly, but I have an electric stove. I turned the heat up a bit higher than medium (but not medium high) and left the cheese in the pan for about 3 to 3.5 minutes. Worked perfectly for me. Thanks for the great idea.
These edible salad bowls were easy to make and tasted delicious! My guests loved the presentation of these cute little edible bowls filled with Caesar salad! The cheese stretches beautifully over an inverted bowl and becomes crispy within five minutes. I will definitely make Peppered Parmesan Bowls again!
The parmesan bowls were chewy and did not brown as shown in the photograph even though the directions were accurately followed. The top side of the bowls wasn't an appetizing color,and it was difficult to eat them.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Caesar Salads >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Salads >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Carb Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Salads >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Tomato Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Vegetarian Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >
- Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetarian Salad Recipes >