This salad looks impressive but is a cinch to make. I won't tell if you don't! —Melissa Wilkes, St. Augustine, Florida
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 romaine hearts, cut into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup Caesar salad croutons, slightly crushed
- 1/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- In a small bowl, toss cheese with pepper. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Evenly sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese mixture into pan to form a 6-in. circle; cook, uncovered, until bubbly and edges are golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; let stand 15 seconds.
- Using a spatula, carefully remove cheese and immediately drape over an inverted 4-oz. ramekin; press cheese gently to form a bowl. Cool completely. Repeat with remaining cheese, making eight bowls.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, tomatoes and croutons. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve in Parmesan bowls. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Caesar Salad in Peppered Parmesan Bowls in Taste of Home December 2013
Reviews for Caesar Salad in Peppered Parmesan Bowls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review