Caesar Salad in Peppered Parmesan Bowls
This salad looks impressive but is a cinch to make. I won't tell if you don't! —Melissa Wilkes, St. Augustine, Florida
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 romaine hearts, cut into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup Caesar salad croutons, slightly crushed
- 1/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- In a small bowl, toss cheese with pepper. Heat a small nonstick
- skillet over medium heat. Evenly sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese mixture
- into pan to form a 6-in. circle; cook, uncovered, 1-2 minutes or
- until bubbly and edges are golden brown. Remove pan from heat; let
- stand 15 seconds.
- Using a spatula, carefully remove cheese and immediately drape over
- an inverted 4-oz. ramekin; press gently to form a bowl. Cool
- completely. Repeat with remaining cheese, making eight bowls.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, tomatoes and croutons. Just before
- serving, drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve in Parmesan
- bowls. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 138 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 463 mg sodium,