Caesar Orzo with Asparagus
Looking for something a little different to dress up pasta? This creamy side dish is a favorite with family and friends at Karen Hoyle’s Excelsior, Minnesota home. “My teenage sons love it so much, they’ll eat any vegetable I use!”
MAKE IT EASY: Great side dishes don’t come much more versatile than this, says Karen Hoyle. “I’ve also made it with broccoli and creamy Italian dressing or added c
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup fat-free creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and water to a boil. Add orzo; cook
- and stir for 3 minutes. Add asparagus. Cook, uncovered, over medium
- heat for 6-8 minutes or until orzo and asparagus are tender,
- stirring frequently; drain. Stir in salad dressing and cheese; toss
- to coat. Yield: 12 servings.