Looking for a new and different salad dressing you can whisk up in minutes for special occasions? You can’t miss with this light, savory Caesar blend from our Test Kitchen. It really dresses up fresh greens!
13 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk,
- vinegar, mustard, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in the
- cheese, anchovies, garlic and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 71 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.