If you're in the mood to bring something a little different to the cookout, here's a reliable slaw I make whenever we're grilling or roasting for a crowd. It lasts in the fridge for days and leftovers make terrific burger or sandwich toppers. —Sarah De Ruiter, East Lansing, Michigan
- 1 Chinese or napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 bunches green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovy fillets, drained and finely chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage and green onions. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in anchovies if desired. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Just before serving, toss with cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Caesar Coleslaw in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p206
Reviews for Caesar Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review